CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tubes



Well, yesterday Justin went to the U2 concert, strange I know. He was invited and someone paid for his ticket and he basically said he wasted 6 hours of his life at the Georgia Dome listening to “Bone-O” dance around with his hands up, he said he didn’t not want to join the cult. Bless his heart. So while he was gone me and the boys went on a lovely date. We went to Waffle House and stuffed our faces lol.






I wanted to make sure Cole’s belly was good and full so that he wouldn’t be too terribly hungry for his surgery this morning. After Waffle House we went to Wal Mart and got his Halloween costume. We will have a Spiderman ( Irey – again this year) and a Batman (Cole- this is the 2nd time he’s been batman- but it wasn’t last year…I don’t think) Anyhow, it was a very pleasant evening with my boys. Got them tucked in so I could have a lazy evening catching up on my Tivo’d shows….

Well, I fell asleep in the chair- crick in my neck, yuck. But Justin got home and woke me up and sent me to bed. I had the hardest time sleeping between the thunder and the fear that I wouldn’t wake up in time to leave and have Cole to the doctor in downtown Atlanta by 6:30am. It was a rough night to say the least. But I woke up and Cole woke in a chipper kind of mood for 5:30am. Got him all bundled up with his “Barry”- his teddy bear and headed out around 5:45am. It was raining and dark and nasty- the two things that freak me out the most about driving, but we survived and arrived on time. Cole was kind of in a daze by then, I think he realized he was still sleepy. But we checked in a the surgical center at 6:20ish and almost immediately were taken to a room where the nurse came and took all of his vitals, next the anastesiologist (spelling??) came in to talk to us, he left and I thought “Hey this is moving right along, I might not be late for work…” Wrong. After he left we waited in the room for about an hour or more until the doctor came in for a few minutes to say hi and that it would just be another few minutes. Finally, they came and got us and took us to the operating room and I was able to hold his hands while they put the “space mask” over his mouth and nose ( that freaked him out) and he started crying but within a few seconds he was asleep. Then I left the room and went to the waiting room. About 15minutes later the doctor came out and he was done. Cole had to wait in recovery for a little while to be monitored and then I was brought back. He was “drunk”. Very funny, bless his heart. He was asking everyone “Who ARE you?” , and “Where am I?” “Did I already do it?” lol, very funny. And his body was kind of swaying around. Like a drunk 5 year old. But he was given the option for me to carry him or ride in the wheel chair to the car….he chose the “wheel chair because it has wheels”. So we got him in the car and on the way. On the way to Ms. Ann’s house he said “mommy, I told you I was going to be brave.” (slurred of course) and I said, “ Yep Cole you were VERY brave” Cole replied, “I was the Bravest Boy ever”. It was very sweet. He is at Ms. Ann’s for a day of pampering. I am exhausted but glad it is over with now. He will have no excuses for ignoring me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment